It definitely has taken some aging to truly appreciate the small things in life. The small things do add up and can have a huge impact on your life. Here are some of my favorite little things I love take pleasure in…
- Soaking in a bubble bath. I hadn’t done this in years until my boyfriend surprised me with an adorable set up with candles, bubbles for the bath, and bubbly in my glass. This is how I fell in love with bubble baths again. If I’m not feeling the bath I add some salts to make my skin feel soft and smooth. A little rewind and relaxation.
- Getting lost in a new book. There is nothing like waking up on a weekend morning and starting your day by getting absorbed in a new book. I look forward to knocking out a few chapters that I am unable to do during the week. If you have been keeping up with my blogs, you will see that I am currently undergoing a phase of personal development. And we definitely have plenty of those lying around the house.
- Snuggling in bed with nowhere to go. This also goes for the couch. I love being a couch bum and I love taking naps.
- Treating myself on FYF. Fridays are blissful. It is the day that begins your weekend and why not start it off with a treat? We make it a point to grab Dunkin’ Donuts coffee and sometimes a donut (shhh). Definitely a splurge and “cheat” meal. But it’s totally worth it, and sets my morning off to a great start.
- Buying fresh cut flowers. I never really appreciated flowers until I turned 25. I buy flowers that are in season and that complement my taste. This will definitely bring a smile to your face and a fresh smell to the house. They might seem like an unnecessary buy, but if it makes you happy, it’s totally worth it.
- Trying a new recipe. I have become an addict to Pinterest. Therefore, my boards have gotten out of control. I however do not have a problem with this, and neither does my boyfriend. I try to make it a point to try something new, whether it is an appetizer, full meal, or a dessert. It’s always a good time in the kitchen, with a glass of wine, good music, and great company.
- Singing in my car, by myself. Well, actually I love singing in my car with anyone in the car. Sometimes you can’t help belt out those tunes or do a little shimmy to one of your fav songs.
- Finding adventures in life. This can be almost anything – from discovering a new park, volunteering, taking a dance class, etc. My biggest adventure this last year was trying yoga. Not only was it a challenge, pushing me to my limits, but it was also very relaxing.
What are some of your life luxuries?